Working in partnership we recruit dynamic, passionate individuals and support them to raise the achievement, aspirations and access to opportunity of pupils from low socio-economic backgrounds.
Our trainees join our Leadership Development Programme which involves teaching for a minimum of two years, achieving a PGCE and wider leadership skills training. After the two years, more than half continue to teach within schools in low-income communities, with many moving into middle and senior leadership positions. Others continue to work towards the vision from positions within government, industry and their own social enterprises, demonstrating a life-long commitment to ending inequality in education from both inside and outside the classroom.
No one person or organisation alone can achieve the change that is needed. Over the next ten years we commit to joining many individuals and organisations already working tirelessly to improve the lives of young people and have set out the following 2022 Impact Goals to show what we are going to do to help us achieve the vision:
- Narrow the gap in literacy and numeracy at primary school.
- Narrow the gap in GCSE attainment at secondary school.
- Ensure pupils develop key strengths, including resilience and well-being, to support high aspirations.
- Narrow the gap in the proportion of pupils in education, employment or training one year after compulsory education.
- Narrow the gap in university graduation, including from the 25 per cent most selective universities.
By working together we will ensure that every young person can be given the same chances in life, regardless of their background.